Building The Analysis: Q&A


KEY QUESTIONS
  • How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

For my film opening I decided to portray the thoughts of a young boy and the way in which different in modern society is constantly considered out of the norm or weird in a non-acceptable way; I illustrated this through the main's character perspective of the world and his abnormal views of life and nature. 
  • How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? 

My film has the hook feature of leaving the audience in suspense, asking for more because of the way that it shows a magical or supernatural elements right before the end. This hook appeals to a range of different audiences, from teenagers to young and mid adults. However the target audience I had chosen for my movie was teenagers of ages 13 to 19; because I believe they would be the ones greatly identified with the main character and his story depicted in the film. By creating a direct connection with this population niche my product will appeal to pathos and aid in attracting the target audience to watch it. The product would be easy to distribute given the diversity of resources that are daily  utilized by this specific target market; a way of distributing would develop from the special guests appearances utilized throughout the movie, in which 6 celebrities would appear as guests in the form of extras a few scenes of the film creating word of mouth about the movie and the actors in it. In addition to this part of all of the actors hired to play in the movie will include a section that entitles their collaboration in distribution practices throughout three of their private social media accounts. By doing this thousands of followers of the celebrities portrayed in the movie will be reached with this form of cost effective advertising allowing the marketing of the film to be extended to mass audiences.

  • How did your production skills develop throughout this project? 

When analyzing the benefits that this project had on my knowledge and understanding of production skills; it is crucial to mention that my abilities to edit media forms like videos was extremely basic if at all. To be able to produce this film and obtain the final outcome presented in my blog I had to conduct a series of research on editing methods and techniques in a variety of websites and watch several tutorials on the art of editing and incorporating sound effects. Because of this I am able to say that creating this movie opening represented a journey full of learning experiences and brought me to the understanding of many features and technological appliances for the means of editing; as well as allowing me to reach a greater potential and exploding my skills of these practices. Moreover, this project overall served for me to practice my skills on producing certain angles shots and camera movement strategies that I had previously learned theory and content on throughout this school year in the AICE media studies course. 
  • How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

Throughout the production of my film opening it was a key factor to incorporate technological appliances for the objective of obtaining a final outcome with a more professional composition, as well as more attractive and dynamic content. The software I utilized for my portfolio product was the application iMovie installed in a Mac device; through which I was able to integrate elements of sound effects and voice-overs with pictures, videos, and also manage other settings including image filters, sound quality, order of appearance of scenes, etc. 
I also utilized several online resources when researching for tutorials and finally to obtain copyright free music for me to incorporate to the film. A few of sound effects I also exported from online sources. This represented an enormous help when editing the project at the end stage of production. YouTube, SoundCloud, and the Purple Gallery of Free Sounds were the online sources from which I got content that I included in my final piece. As for the use of hardware, I kept a simplistic emphasis to have an easier time at the moment of having to edit and tie everything together into one final project. Therefore I only used my iPhone 6 S for the recording of all the scenes in the film and a MacBook Air to be able to access the editing application iMovie and through this device I had connection to internet, online radio stations, and online research sources because of the benefits of the technological convergence present and available with this one device that served the means of what years ago would have required more than one device.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Main Characters

Storyboard #2

THE STORY: Reveling the Narrative of the Film