On the Look for Main Characters


It has been a struggle to start recording. I had focused so much on the theme and the narrative of the film opening that I forgot to plan the logistics on how to get it done. I already had an idea of who I was going to use for my main characters and extras. My brother is twelve years old and I had in mind using two of his best friends, Santiago and Juan, as my main characters and some of his friends from the neighborhood as the extras or minor characters for the background. The problem arose when I asked my brother to contact his friends and the fact that they are kids became an issue, I had to ask for their parents phone numbers and call both of their mother to arrange to pick them up and have them participate in my project. After providing a thorough explanation of what the project was about and why I was asking specifically their sons, the parents gave me permission and we schedule the recording to take place the week before spring break. 

Another issue I had, was the fact that I needed to find someone from whom to borrow a GoPro from to be able to shoot the underwater segments of the film. I had already decided to ask my friend Valentina Santana; but since the shooting was going to take place so close to spring break, I was not sure if she was going to go on vacation and wouldn't have the device available for me to borrow. However it all worked out and her family decided to stay in town so I had nothing to worry about anymore.So now I am finally ready to get the filming going.

Keep tuned and don't be doomed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Main Characters

Storyboard #2

THE STORY: Reveling the Narrative of the Film