Brainstorming: Hook the Audience

I have been thinking intensively about what could I do to capture my audience in the very few minutes my film opening is allowed to be. I cannot stop imagining what technique could make the trick of enticing the viewer of the fact that they are about to watch something really amazing and different without proving enough information to make them aware of the possible occurrences that will take place in the film later on. I have narrowed it down to the following wants:

  • introduce the audience in the middle of action
  • provide main character traits before establishing the setting
  • convey the idea of enlightenment, change, or revolution... or all combined
  • use of flashbacks to provide information of pre-revolution/change status
  • begin with Close Up shots of main character's face or Extreme Close Ups
  • use jump cut shots to evoke time passing and dynamic start
I elaborated my first storyboard draft to picture this moment of brainstorming into paper and be able to remind myself of what it was that I want to do with the use of visuals.

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.         No hay texto alternativo automático disponible. 
  
La imagen puede contener: dibujo 
Now I have to decide the specific setting where the film will take place and the character traits... it is all so exciting. 
Keep tuned and don't be doomed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Main Characters

Storyboard #2

Purpose