Genre & Target Market

I have decided I'm settling with the genre of science fiction and drama. the number one reason why I've choose to do this is because utilizing this genre will aid me in having my film opening capture the audience on action, which I think makes a far more exciting opening because it's more dynamic and entertaining. Moreover, I also believe it would make a more effective opening by hooking the audience with suspense and the desire to know what's next after that active, full on motion introduction. Coming from the idea that I want my opening to drive people in through the few minutes I have to promote my project, I want to make the opening of the film one of the most interesting and differentiating pieces of the film. To do this, I have been brainstorming a few ideas on how to make this happen:

  • Use an out-of-space factor/element- aliens, meteorite, etc- in an out of context and unexpected way.
  • Include a portal, create contrast between reality and fantasy, or a new dimension or world in which the plot of the movie develops.
  • Add a supernatural force that establishes a translation from the terrestrial world to another, magical world.
The desired effect I want is to lead the audience towards an expected plot, that later turns out to become the most UNEXPECTED outcome and results in leaving the audience cut out from the film in the most exciting section, which thereafter will leave them wanting for more making my production successful. 

 TA: I will be marketing this production towards a broad audience constituted by mainly teenagers and young adults up to 28 years old. Any lover of fantasy and fiction literature or movies in general is likely to be captured by the film. 
TA Demographics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Main Characters

Storyboard #2

Purpose